It's a busy time of year as you study for Step 2 and get additional clinical experience; how are you going to match into the residency program of your dreams? This is the right time to get the help you need with your applications!
Anyone can edit a document for spelling and grammar. I have more than fifteen years of specific training and experience that will help you thrive over the next few months. Quite often, applicants make mistakes during this process simply because they have so much else to accomplish during the same time. With me, you can feel more confident that your residency application is the best and strongest it can be when seen by your future program director. If you hire me, I will:
- Review and edit the information from your CV once you enter it into the ERAS system. This is the key to the rest of the application process; no residency program director will be able to look at your application until this is complete.
- Confer with you about USMLE scores, transcripts, leaves of absence, and related information that will be assessed by residency programs.
- Review and edit your personal statement to ensure that you are describing yourself to the best of your ability, while avoiding mistakes that might cause readers to lose interest.
- Suggest specific strategies for soliciting and assigning your letters of recommendation. If your attendings have asked you to create rough drafts, I will help you write those in various styles that can maximize your strengths.
- Provide information about the nuts and bolts of using ERAS, such as correctly assigning letters of recommendation and personal statements to specific programs, choosing which residency track is the correct one, and determining your specific application timeline.
- Review and suggest edits to the draft of your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (the MSPE, previously known as the "dean's letter") that you received from your medical dean's office. I personally drafted and edited every single MSPE on behalf of UCSF's Associate Dean. Though you cannot change the content of these letters yourself, I will give you specific feedback to share with your dean's office in the hopes of implementing precise changes.
If you choose to hire me, I am quite confident that your documents will be stronger and that you will feel more in control of this stressful application process. Let's get you on the right path!