You're busy studying for Step 2 CK and getting more clinical experience; will it be enough to match into the residency program of your dreams? Anyone can edit a document for spelling and grammar, but I have more than twenty years of specific training and experience that will help you thrive. Applicants make mistakes during this process. but if you hire me, you can feel more confident that your residency application will be as strong as possible when seen by program directors. Hiring me is a great way to get the support you need while applying to, interviewing at, and ranking residency programs. My services include:
- Reviewing and editing the information that you enter into the ERAS system. Many applicants think that they just need to copy and paste from their CV, but it's not that simple; programs are looking for more than just bullet points. Making a great first impression with how you describe your experience is a key part of the application process!
- Conferring with you about specialty choices, USMLE scores, transcripts, leaves of absence, transferring medical schools, post-graduate experience, and related information that will be assessed by residency programs. By identifying your strengths and weaknesses in advance, we can control how programs perceive you.
- Reviewing and editing your personal statement. I help ensure that you describe yourself to the best of your ability, while avoiding mistakes that might cause readers to lose interest. Spelling and grammar are crucial, but beyond that, you want a consistent theme and a captivating message. This document should inspire the program to envision you as part of their team!
- Suggesting specific strategies for soliciting and assigning your letters of recommendation. If your attendings have asked you to create rough drafts, I will help you write those in various styles that can maximize your strengths.
- Providing information about the nuts and bolts of using ERAS. I will help you correctly assign letters of recommendation and personal statements to specific programs, choose which residency track is the correct one, and determine your specific application timeline.
- Reviewing and suggesting edits to your Medical Student Performance Evaluation. Though you cannot change the content of this document yourself, I will give you specific feedback to share with your medical school in the hopes of implementing precise changes.